Saturday, March 13, 2004

I got bored, so I was flipping through Zolt's Site again. I came across the "TZFRN HISTORY PAGE". This thing is too funny.

" TZFRN, or more specifically, The Zolt Files, started out as my personal site/blog. After a few failed attempt, which included about four different versions, I realized the problem. I wasn't happy. I wasn't happy cause the site wasn't a hit, I wasn't getting any visitors, and it was my fault. I had a site, that I never updated, with content that nobody wanted. That needed to change. One day, I received a link from Mike (a producer and overall great guy here at TZFRN) for an internet radio station. What I came to was the now defunct (Huzzah Radio). What I got was two guys who went on about nothing on a music format and I was off before they even played a song. [Too bad it was one, and most people enjoyed it.]

Months later during a lunch meeting, both Mike and myself had gotten engulfed into a conversation with the sole proprietor of Huzzah Radio. [Never happened. Zolt wasn't in my lunch last year.] Throughout the meeting I heard nothing but complaints. Mike had told me that despite being the originator of the Huzzah name, he was appalled at how the radio program had completely disgraced the name. [Huzzah was my name way long before.] The DJ's played no requests.[No, just not Mike's.] It just wasn't right. It wasn't listener-friendly, it wasn't for the people like it should be.[I played everyone else's requests.] I decided then and there that I could, I would do better, I would give the people the show they wanted. [Moreover, the show Mike and Zolt wanted.]

At first, the radio station had been planned out to be only a part of my own website/blog. I quickly scrapped the idea, although had kept the name, and thus TZFRN was born. Our slogan, well that was EASY. It came on a night in September. During a Huzzah broadcast, Mike had requested a few different songs, all to no avail. Huzzah's DJ was intent on playing Ben Folds and MXPX all night long. [Note: I own only two Ben Folds MP3's, and at the time of TZFRN's switch being thrown, one MxPx. They just have no tolerance.] One of which was Quiet Riot's Cum on Feel the Noize. Within a week, TZFRN would have it's [Ooooh, if you want it to be possessive, it's just 'its', but if it's supposed to be a contraction, then it's 'it's', scalawag.] first show and our slogan became evident. A Friday night, when nobody felt like venturing out, I had secretly finished setting up the station. Out of the blue I sent Mike an instant message with a link to hear "my new radio station", the first song? Cum on Feel the Noize! Thus, "We play what you want to hear" became the TZFRN slogan, and there was no looking back. By November, Huzzah closed it's doors, after word got around of a radio station that played what people wanted to hear. [Word amongst most people I didn't know. Zolt made radio no longer fun to do. I don't care about people listening, I like fucking with people's heads.]

Unfortunately, Huzzah was just one offender. The truth is, there are many more out there. TZFRN with the creation of it's official site, albeit the fifth version of it, has a new goal. We're here to rid the world of such offenders, We're here to save internet radio! [Too bad internet radio can't be saved, due to the illegal nature of it.]"

I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home