Thursday, July 17, 2003

Konami: Still the masters of making me crap myself.



Okay, I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 2, minding my own business (this is the first time I played it through). I was playing for a good two hours, when all of a sudden, I start walking around stark naked. The Colonel started radioing me with really really scary messages, like:

Colonel: Raiden, turn the game console off right now!
Raiden: What did you say?
Colonel: The mission is a failure! Cut the power right now!
Raiden: What's wrong with you?
Colonel: Don't worry, it's a game! It's a game just like usual.
Rose: You'll ruin your eyes playing so close to the TV.

And:

Colonel: Your role -- that is, mission -- is to infiltrate the structure and
disarm the terrorists --
Raiden: My role? Why do you keep saying that.
Colonel: Why not? This is a type of role-playing game.

Do you know how freaking scary that is to someone who was up at like 2 in the morning playing it? It's unheard of! So, I salute you, Konami, once again making me crap myself. First Psycho Mantis, now, this. I won't be sleeping tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home